Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: A "golden year" for Anyue lemons
"This year, lemons from Anyue, Sichuan have become fast sellers in the market. The harvest of these lemons starts at the end of August, and the inventory can be stored till May in the following year. The current stock is sold in the market at 8 yuan per kilo, an increase of 200% compared to the price of 2 to 3 yuan from the same period last year", said Mr. Yao Li from Xiamen Yongfeng Fruit Co, Ltd.
The plantation of Anyue lemons
Juicy and delicious Anyue lemons
Ripening lemons waiting to be picked
High-quality lemons from Anyue, Sichuan
"A few main reasons lie behind the dramatic fluctuations of the market prices of lemons. At the end of 2015, a typhoon struck the area around Anyue, leaving many lemon trees greatly damaged or even dead. Thus the quality of the lemons harvested that year was not satisfying, which affected sales and drove down prices. Throughout 2016, however, the climate remained stable and resulted in a better quality and greater output of lemons. In addition, due to tensions in the political and commercial relationship between Russia and the EU, the market demand for Anyue lemons grew. The export volume increased greatly and therefore drove the prices higher, even in the domestic market. Lastly, with the fast development of the restaurant and beverage industry in China, the market demand for lemons has also been growing rapidly."
Taiwanese limes nicely-boxed and ready for sale
Fresh juicy limes
"Apart from Anyue lemons, Taiwanese limes have also been more and more popular in the Chinese market. Thanks to the unique geological position of Taiwan, limes here are famous for their special fragrance and their supply lasts throughout the year. Most of the cold drink chain stores in mainland China are enterprises from Taiwan, so Taiwanese limes are naturally their first choice for raw materials, with their low price and good quality. Affected by the extreme weather last year brought by the typhoon, the current market price of Taiwanese limes is higher than the same period last year, but it is expected to become stable after June."
Mr. Yao Li
Xiamen Yongfeng Fruit Co, Ltd.
Cellphoneï¼š+86 188 5920 2296
Publication date: 4/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: