Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Driscoll's are growing Victoria berries using glasshouses and LEDsBerry company Driscollís kicked off the Dutch season by taking the successful variety, Driscollís Victoria, to the glasshouse and, by using an innovative growing technique, the berry company states that it is producing good results.
Driscollís growers Jan and Alfons Diepstraten of growers association Best of Four, are using special assimilation lights and LEDs.
Diepstraten: ďThe first seasonís pick of our glasshouse blackberries is already looking very promising. Last year we already experienced how huge and sweet these blackberries are, that is why we decided to expand our production to 4 glasshouses, with a total of 11 hectare in the last years."
"Assimilation lighting is used by many growers, but we are the very first blackberry producers that are combining it with LED. This results in plants that are producing more flowers than normal.Ē
The Driscollís Victoria is the result of Driscollís own unique breeding programme, focusing on taste, appearance and shelf life. The variety can be grown conventionally but performs even better in the protected environment of a glasshouse.
Publication date: 4/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: