Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Irish potato pilot project showing results in GuyanaA 90-day Irish potato trial project is currently underway in Guyana and, on its eight week, is now showing some positive results. This comes from a cooperation between the Natioinal Agricultural Research and Extension Institute (NAREI) and the World University Services of Canada, Caribbean and (Guyana) Incorporated, which cultivated five varieties of Irish potatoes on a quarter-acre plot in Little Biaboo, Mahaicony Creek.
The pilot project at Little Biaboo started in the latter part of January and is expected to be harvested at the end of April. The varieties included contain Spunta, Kennebec, Chieftain, Bristol Pride and Shepody, with Bristol Pride showing excellent yield and growth rate.
Chief Exectutive Officer of NAREI, Dr Oudho Homenauth, said this was a successful trial of Irish potato cultivation. He noted that a similar project was carried out at Laluni on the Soesdyke-Linedn Highway but, the exercise failed due to flooding.
Publication date: 4/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: