Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Irish potato pilot project showing results in GuyanaA 90-day Irish potato trial project is currently underway in Guyana and, on its eight week, is now showing some positive results. This comes from a cooperation between the Natioinal Agricultural Research and Extension Institute (NAREI) and the World University Services of Canada, Caribbean and (Guyana) Incorporated, which cultivated five varieties of Irish potatoes on a quarter-acre plot in Little Biaboo, Mahaicony Creek.
The pilot project at Little Biaboo started in the latter part of January and is expected to be harvested at the end of April. The varieties included contain Spunta, Kennebec, Chieftain, Bristol Pride and Shepody, with Bristol Pride showing excellent yield and growth rate.
Chief Exectutive Officer of NAREI, Dr Oudho Homenauth, said this was a successful trial of Irish potato cultivation. He noted that a similar project was carried out at Laluni on the Soesdyke-Linedn Highway but, the exercise failed due to flooding.
Publication date: 4/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: