Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Viva Fresh Expo hosts new Aggies for Fresh reception
This year’s Viva Fresh Produce Expo offers new opportunities to network with students from Texas A&M University after the success of last year’s inaugural Aggies for Fresh scholarship program. Up from six students in 2016, this year’s ten scholarship recipients are looking forward to meeting and engaging with industry members at the dedicated Aggies for Fresh Reception Friday, April 21 from 4-5pm at the Hilton Hotel – Salon A & B on the 4th floor.
Sponsors of the event include Aggies for Fresh founding member DMA Solutions, Inc. and industry leaders J&D Produce, Lakeside Produce, Lonestar Citrus Growers, Tex-Mex Sales, Triple H Produce, Wayne E. Bailey Produce, Wonderful Citrus, and Texas Farm Credit.
This year’s scholarship recipients include students with various backgrounds and degrees – everything from Agricultural Economics to Food Science and Technology. Seven students are graduating seniors in May looking for full-time positions, and three students are graduating later in 2017 and into 2018 looking for internships.
Photo: Aggies from last year's expo
“Lone Star Citrus Growers is proud to support the Aggies for Fresh program because our industry is in need of young, energetic minds to help shape the future of fresh produce – Aggies for Fresh is a direct pipeline to a qualified pool of just that,” said Trent Bishop, vice president of sales at Lonestar Citrus Growers. “Having had the opportunity to speak to and meet several of this year’s participants, I am highly encouraged by their enthusiasm and energy, and it’s very evident that the future of our industry indeed looks very bright.”
Each of the scholarship recipients have been personally mentored and hand-selected by Dan’l Mackey Almy, founder of Aggies for Fresh and CEO of DMA Solutions, Inc. Of the dozens of applications submitted, the ten students presented at this year’s Viva Fresh Produce Expo truly embody the work ethic and passion of the industry, making them excellent candidates for internships and full-time positions upon graduation.
“We were thrilled with the success of last year’s Aggies for Fresh scholarship program and wanted to offer a dedicated networking reception for students to get to know the companies they’re looking to work for someday,” said Bret Erickson, president and CEO of Texas International Produce Association. “This will be the perfect opportunity to meet highly capable future employees and we expect to see an excellent turnout in support of these bright young stars.”
RSVP to this year’s Aggies for Fresh Reception by April 14 at http://vivafreshexpo.com/aggies-for-fresh/.
Publication date: 4/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: