Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
"Our goal is to have 5,000 hectares of citrus crops in 2020""Mexico's production and export of citrus is on the rise," stated the head of SiCar Farms, Daniel Gudiño, in an interview. Sicar is a Mexican company dedicated to the production and export of various fruits. One of its main products is limes and the company has 1,000 hectares of Mexican limes (with seeds), 1,200 hectares of Persian Limes (seedless), and 400 hectares of Italian lemons. Thanks to its strategically located plantations and packing facilities in different parts of the country, the company can easily access various markets: North America, Europe, and Asia.
SiCar is a company in constant growth. According to Gudiño, in 2017 SICAR has started harvesting and exporting MD2 Pineapple, with 150 hectares of planting. Gudiño said that SiCar's pineapples can be compared in quality with the famous pineapples of Costa Rica, as they had an average of 14 to 15 degrees Brix. "We are having a very good season. The North American market shows great interest in our product. A Mexican pineapple arrives in the US in 2 days, compared to 14 for our competitors."
In addition to pineapples, SiCar started harvesting Saladette tomatoes in 2017. Currently, the conmpany is distributing this product at the national level and it is also exporting it to the United States.
SiCar currently exports its products to the United States, various European countries, such as the Netherlands, Spain, England and France, and to Japan in Asia. "We are about to enter new markets, as we are negotiating with several countries, such as Italy, Germany, and Turkey. We see great potential in the Korean market," Gudiño stated. "We are about to receive our export permit for that country. We think we'll be able to start shipments of Persian limes to Korea in June," he said.
To conclude, the director of the company said that the company had big growth plans, and that they expected to increase the area they devoted to citrus crops to 5,000 hectares by 2020. In addition, they expect to have 400 hectares of pineapple in 2018, and to continue looking for new opportunities and working to diversify their product portfolio.
We are present during the Viva Fresh Expo, please visit us at our booth: 629.
More information:Daniel Gudiño, director general
E: cristina_ramirez @sicar.com.mx
T: (313) 32 4 17 38, (313) 32 4 34 62, (313) 32 4 54 80
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: