Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Galicia Greenery opens new expansionLess than two years after sowing their first lettuce, Ukrainian greenhouse company Galicia Greenery has expanded its operations with a new 4,600 square meter greenhouse.
Dutchman, Mikel Honders, project manager of Foodventures, says the expansion is a logical next step for the Ukrainian greenhouse company. "We came here five years ago with a plan to realize a large 5 hectare greenhouse company. Due to the Ukrainian crisis and the withdrawal of our Ukrainian partner, our plans got troubled, but it is good to see that we have found our place in the market and can continue our plans with confidence again."
Galicia Greenery is a spin-off company, realized by the joint investment between FoodVentures and Dutch grower cooperatives Rainbow and Prominent. Since May 2015, they've been growing hydroponic lettuce in a 3,400 square meter high tech greenhouse with the help of a Dry Hydroponics System. "As we control the entire chain from seeding to marketing and delivery, we have found our place in the market and established good relationships with local retailers, grocery stores and restaurants in the area. We have positioned our products in the local market and created a momentum for an expansion. We are operating in a niche market which requires growth that is adapted to the market growth.”
The 4,600 square meter expansion was backed by financing from the Dutch shareholders. Dutch greenhouse builder Havecon manufactured the structure and Patron Agri Systems was responsible for the technical installations. A local building crew, with the help of a supervisor from Foodventures, was contracted to build the project.
Last week it was officially opened in the presence of the Dutch ambassador in Ukraine, Mr. Kees Klompenhouwer, and Mrs. Olga Trofimtseva, deputy of the Ministry of Agricultural Policy and Food of Ukraine, and the Governor of Lviv Oblast, Mr. Petro Moroz.
See also www.galiciagreenery.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: