Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- New technology helps reduce strawberry waste
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Russian greenhouse tomato production increased by 50%"Last week, we informed you about the upcoming Russian Greenhouse Management Forum that wants to connect investment initiators and decision-makers of large scale greenhouse projects with international experts during a three day networking event in the Netherlands.
In order to highlight the potential Russian investment climate, organizer Vostock Capital shares a few figures to showcase the current state and growth of the Russian greenhouse industry.
Vostock estimates that the current volume of state support for greenhouse projects is approx. 3-3.5 bln. RUB. Last year, the total volume of investments in the greenhouse sector amounted to approx. 33 bln. RUB. In order to meet the growing domestic consumption of greenhouse vegetables, Vostock estimates that it is required to increase greenhouse production volumes by 1 mln. tonnes. In order to achieve this goal an area of approx. 350 ha. is needed to be developed.
The data from Vostock suggests that the Russians are already doing their utmost best to increase their domestic production of greenhouse vegetables; the production volume of greenhouse vegetables in 2016 was 493k tonnes. This corresponds to an increase of 18% if compared with 2015 (418K tonnes)
According to Vostock's figures, this big increase is the result of a huge rise of the Russian greenhouse tomato production; this grew with nearly 50% from 91.4k tonnes in 2015 to 137k tonnes in 2016. Also the acreage with cucumbers saw a big increase, from 318k tonnes in 2015 to 342k tonnes in 2016.
If you have more information or input available on the Russian greenhouse industry or the acreage, feel free to inform us at email@example.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: