Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
PMRC agree with Zambian ban on certain ag productsThe Policy Monitoring and Research Centre (PMRC) in Zambia has welcomed Government ban on the importation of certain agricultural products since they believe it is helping create more sustainable farming practices and helping local growers.
The Ministry of Agriculture recently named the banned agricultural produce as tomatoes, onions, carrots, mangoes, potatoes, pineapples, lemons and watermelons.
The Ministry said the ban follows numerous concerns by local farmers that the imported produce had a negative impact on their businesses.
PMRC Executive Director Bernadette Deka said in a statement that this decision cements Government’s resolve towards developing a sustainable, diversified and competitive agriculture sector, which has immense potential to improve the livelihoods of the people.
Publication date: 3/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: