Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
PMRC agree with Zambian ban on certain ag productsThe Policy Monitoring and Research Centre (PMRC) in Zambia has welcomed Government ban on the importation of certain agricultural products since they believe it is helping create more sustainable farming practices and helping local growers.
The Ministry of Agriculture recently named the banned agricultural produce as tomatoes, onions, carrots, mangoes, potatoes, pineapples, lemons and watermelons.
The Ministry said the ban follows numerous concerns by local farmers that the imported produce had a negative impact on their businesses.
PMRC Executive Director Bernadette Deka said in a statement that this decision cements Government’s resolve towards developing a sustainable, diversified and competitive agriculture sector, which has immense potential to improve the livelihoods of the people.
Publication date: 3/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: