Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian rejuvenation program replants 600,000 apple saplingsIn order to protect the British-era, apple industry in Himachal Pradesh, the state government has started a project which will replace old apple plants with new exotic high-yielding varieties.
Around 600,000 in new saplings have been replanted under the apple rejuvenation scheme which covers nearly 6,000 beneficiaries over the past four years, according to an official from the Horticulture Department.
Along with this program the World Bank is funding the Himachal Pradesh horticulture Development Project which sets aside Rs 1,134 crore in order to protect apple cultivation. Under the program subsidies will be provided for anti-hail nets to help prevent damage to apple crops.
The Horticulture Department has stated that 473.73 hectare have been covered under the state's anti-hail net scheme which has benefited 1,514 orchardists in the past four years.
1 RS = 0.0152936 USD
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: