Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Ecuadorian pitahayas will face no competition in the short term"
The production of pitahaya, an exotic fruit of Chinese origin, is gradually expanding in countries like Ecuador; in fact, demand is so great that "we expect the acreage to grow over the next three years," affirms Martha C. de Galarza, key account manager at Multimodal World. In this way, they expect to be able to meet all requests and increase the volume exported every year. So far, they have already sold 9,000 kg abroad, namely to destinations like Malaysia, China, Shanghai, Dalian, the United Kingdom and France.
Regarding prices, "we aim for them not to change too much from one year to the next," comments De Galarza. This Ecuadorian company is striving to offer an affordable price for the final consumer in every destination. With this philosophy, they are trying to reach more markets; however, they are not alone in the export of this product, since Mexico and Colombia are also great potential traders of pitahaya and can be strong competitors.
"We don't believe that this situation will last for too long; we are sure that, in the short term, Ecuador will face no competition, since logistics from here are much cheaper due to it being a dollarized country," concludes De Galarza.
For more information:
Martha C. de Galarza
Multimodal World LLC.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: