Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Seed Planet: The area devoted to seeds and plant varieties
The ninth edition of Fruit Attraction, to be held from 18 to 20 October, will feature a new area, called Seed Planet, devoted to the presentation of innovations in seeds and plant varieties.
This new area will highlight the importance of seeds as a starting point for the food chain and other consumer chains, as well as their role in ensuring a more competitive agriculture.
Moreover, since innovation is one of the highlights of Fruit Attraction, Seed Planet will also be the stage to learn about R&D&I in the seeds sector. It is important to note that 10% of the seed industry's revenue is invested in R&D, and in strategic sectors, such as horticultural crops, this percentage reaches 20%, according to data from ANOVE, the National Association of Plant Breeders. In short, this is the industry that is most committed to R&D: above sectors such as pharmaceuticals, automotive, aerospace, information technology, etc.
The seed industry in Europe, the world's leading exporter, has a turnover of approximately €6.8 billion and features a total of 7,200 companies of different sizes, with around 50,000 people working in the sector. In the Spanish market, the turnover reaches 585 million Euro; the fifth highest in Europe and the thirteenth in the world.
The ninth edition of Fruit Attraction, organised by IFEMA and FEPEX, will be held in Feria de Madrid's halls 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 and expects high participation figures, with more than 1,500 companies from the horticultural sector's entire value chain; an increase of 20% compared to 2016's edition.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: