Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian ban hurting Vietnamese dragon fruit exportsSoon after Vietnam announced a decision to suspend the import of five agricultural commodities from India, due to concerns over infectious insects, India decided to halt the import of six Vietnamese agro-products, namely dragon fruit, cassava and other products.
According to Nguyen Mai Oanh, deputy chair of the Vietnam Pepper Association (VPA), India is Vietnam’s third largest market, after the US and the UAE.
“We are still awaiting official information from the Indian and Vietnamese agencies after the two sides have worked on the issue,” she said.
Duong fears that the information may force farm produce prices down in the domestic market. The price decreases would give golden opportunities to foreign companies, including Indian trade companies, to lower the prices of Vietnam’s farm produce.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: