Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian ban hurting Vietnamese dragon fruit exportsSoon after Vietnam announced a decision to suspend the import of five agricultural commodities from India, due to concerns over infectious insects, India decided to halt the import of six Vietnamese agro-products, namely dragon fruit, cassava and other products.
According to Nguyen Mai Oanh, deputy chair of the Vietnam Pepper Association (VPA), India is Vietnam’s third largest market, after the US and the UAE.
“We are still awaiting official information from the Indian and Vietnamese agencies after the two sides have worked on the issue,” she said.
Duong fears that the information may force farm produce prices down in the domestic market. The price decreases would give golden opportunities to foreign companies, including Indian trade companies, to lower the prices of Vietnam’s farm produce.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: