Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan-Afghanistan border closure hurting kinnow exportsThe Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) Standing Committee on Horticulture Exports Chairman, Ahmad Jawad, has said that the Pakistan-Afghan border closure has adversely affected kinnow exports to Afghanistan and Central Asia.
As a result, the kinnow export target might not be achieved this year. The All Pakistan Fruit and Vegetable Exporters, Importers and Merchants Association (PFVA) has fixed the export target at 350,000 tons for the 2016-17 season.
He said rising tensions between the two countries and the drawdown of US-led coalition forces had already caused a huge drop in exports to Afghanistan from $2.5 billion to $1.3 billion. The exports are expected to go down further with the growing uncertainty caused by this new low in relations between the two countries.
“Cumulative losses to the economy by this action are incalculable and it will be extremely difficult to retrieve the situation,” he remarked. The FPCCI official further said in the wake of recent terrorist activities in Lahore and Sehwan, “we stand with the government’s decisions. However, we also expect some amicable solution to the problems so that the two countries can resume trade.”
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: