Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korea agrees to import Indian mangoesMango exports from India might see a significant boost this year, with South Korea allowing imports of the fruit after conducting the stringent pest risk analysis (PRA).
India’s entry into the South Korean market would boost competition, as mango originating from India has been popular in the Middle East, the Far East, the United States and Europe.
In an advisory dated March 14, 2017 issued to its members, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (Apeda) said, “The South Korean Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (QIA) has finally agreed to the importation of Indian mangoes into South Korea after Vapour Heat Treatment (VHT) in specified temperature conditions.”
India’s fresh mango exports declined nearly 15 per cent last year. Data compiled by Apeda showed India’s export of fresh mango stood at 36,329 tonnes for 2015-16 compared to 42,998.31 tonnes in the previous financial year.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: