Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korea agrees to import Indian mangoesMango exports from India might see a significant boost this year, with South Korea allowing imports of the fruit after conducting the stringent pest risk analysis (PRA).
India’s entry into the South Korean market would boost competition, as mango originating from India has been popular in the Middle East, the Far East, the United States and Europe.
In an advisory dated March 14, 2017 issued to its members, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (Apeda) said, “The South Korean Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (QIA) has finally agreed to the importation of Indian mangoes into South Korea after Vapour Heat Treatment (VHT) in specified temperature conditions.”
India’s fresh mango exports declined nearly 15 per cent last year. Data compiled by Apeda showed India’s export of fresh mango stood at 36,329 tonnes for 2015-16 compared to 42,998.31 tonnes in the previous financial year.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: