Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Podcast discusses the importance of fair trade for farmers
This week, on the syndicated podcast An Organic Conversation, host Helge Hellberg goes beyond what the organic label guarantees by asking Nicole Vitello of Equal Exchange about “the areas that Organic doesn’t cover: working conditions, true social justice and fair trade.” This podcast was released in the midst of Equal Exchange banana month, further deepening the consumers and retailers understanding and education about the importance of supporting small-scale banana farmers.
This week’s episode features Nicole Vitello, President of Oke USA, the produce arm of Equal Exchange. Vitello answers questions about Equal Exchange’s unique small farmer model, and what makes fair trade so important for farmers.
The episode can be listened to for free at: http://anorganicconversation.com/equal-exchange/
An Organic Conversation is a weekly podcast and radio show that covers topics on food and nutrition, health and wellness, organic gardening, parenting and healthy kids, environmental news and other green living topics, according to their website. The show is hosted by Ecologist and Organic Food Advocate Helge Hellberg & Holistic Chef and Natural Beauty Expert Sitarani Palomar. It is listened to in over 100 countries.
Oke USA Fruit Company
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: