Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Washington Apple Commission to increase marketing in China & IndiaAs part of its new, five-year strategic plan, the Washington Apple Commission has proposed focusing its marketing efforts and spending for the next two to three years on Red Delicious and Gala apples in five key international markets: Mexico, India, China and Hong Kong, Vietnam and Indonesia.
“We clearly identified the markets where we saw value-plus,” WAC President Todd Fryhover told commission members in a meeting Wednesday.
Fryhover also proposed rolling back marketing spending to 2012 levels in several markets where retail sales have been deemed less advantageous to growers—Central America, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, Taiwan, the Middle East and Colombia and Peru—for a savings of about $700,000 in the 2016-17 crop year.
“In principle, for the next two to three years, we see it as no surprise that the focus will be on Reds and Galas,” he said. “The more we can move to foreign markets, especially dispersed to some of our value-added markets, the better off the growers are going to be.”
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: