Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Washington Apple Commission to increase marketing in China & IndiaAs part of its new, five-year strategic plan, the Washington Apple Commission has proposed focusing its marketing efforts and spending for the next two to three years on Red Delicious and Gala apples in five key international markets: Mexico, India, China and Hong Kong, Vietnam and Indonesia.
“We clearly identified the markets where we saw value-plus,” WAC President Todd Fryhover told commission members in a meeting Wednesday.
Fryhover also proposed rolling back marketing spending to 2012 levels in several markets where retail sales have been deemed less advantageous to growers—Central America, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, Taiwan, the Middle East and Colombia and Peru—for a savings of about $700,000 in the 2016-17 crop year.
“In principle, for the next two to three years, we see it as no surprise that the focus will be on Reds and Galas,” he said. “The more we can move to foreign markets, especially dispersed to some of our value-added markets, the better off the growers are going to be.”
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: