Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canadian government expands markets for locally grown potatoesMember of Parliament Dan Vandal, (on behalf of Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lawrence MacAulay), was in Winnipeg today to provide remarks at the Canadian Horticultural Council's 95th Annual General Meeting, where he announced more than $274,000 in Growing Forward 2 funding to help expand markets for Canadian potatoes.
This project, funded under the AgriMarketing Program, provides the Canadian Horticultural Council with up to $274,714 to help grow foreign and domestic markets for Canadian potatoes, through trade shows, targeted advertising, incoming missions, market research and development, and product promotion.
This investment is part of the federal government’s plan to help Canadian farmers expand markets at home and abroad.
"The Government of Canada is committed to working with the Canadian Horticultural Council to grow Canada’s dynamic horticulture industry. These investments will help expand markets and demand for Canadian potatoes, while ensuring the highest standards for consumers around the world.” – Dan Vandal, Member of Parliament for Saint Boniface - Saint Vital
"The Canadian Horticultural Council and the Canadian Potato Council appreciate the funding received through the AgriMarketing Program, Market Development Stream, to support the export growth of high quality Canadian seed and fresh potatoes.” – Keith Kuhl, Outgoing President of the Canadian Horticultural Council
"The funding has allowed Canadian growers to maintain a presence in international markets by participating in tradeshows, international standard setting processes, and in phytosanitary market access activities.” – John Bareman, Chair of the Canadian Horticultural Council Potato Committee
- Canada’s horticulture sector has almost $5 billion in farm-gate receipts annually; and $3.8 billion in exports annually.
- Canadian potato exports are currently $1.6 billion dollars annually.
- These investments are made through the Growing Forward 2, AgriMarketing Program, a five-year, $341-million initiative aimed at improving the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector’s competitiveness in domestic and international markets.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: