Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Three new hires at Mann Packing
Mann Packing announced the hiring of Tim Short, Jim Rodger, and Josh Campo to the positions of senior director of strategic vegetable operations, safety supervisor and crop production manager, respectively.
Tim Short joins the company as senior director of strategic vegetable operations. Short will be responsible for maintaining relationships and a flow of communication with grower communities, primarily in California and Arizona, and will also track developments and opportunities in Mexico with Mannís director of international supply chain. In addition, Short will pursue further sourcing and production resources, focusing on the Southeast. Most recently, Short worked at Misionero Vegetables as GM of field operations. In that role, he was responsible for all growing and harvesting aspects of organic and conventional products. Previously, Short worked as director of leaf operations for Dole Fresh Vegetables
Jim Rodger joins Mannís HR team as a safety supervisor. Rodger comes to the company from Lyons Magnus, where he worked in a safety capacity. Rodgerís responsibilities extend to all of the companyís facilities, including affiliate sites. He will lead the supervision and development of training programs for employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Rodger is a Navy veteran and has a Bachelor degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Columbia Southern University. He also holds an Associate Safety Professional (ASP) certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Josh Campo joins Mannís in the position of crop manager - sugar snap peas. In this role, Campo will coordinate growing activities including, planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and record-keeping. He recently graduated from Cal Poly with a bachelorís degree in Agricultural and Environmental Plant Sciences. Campo has gained experience in GIS mapping, micro irrigation, scouting, sampling and related subsequent fertilization and pesticide applications. He hails from Patterson, California.
ďThese additions are a sign of our continued growth as a company. The roles will allow us to refine our programs, create new initiatives and continue to demonstrate strong industry leadership in produce,Ē said Lorri Koster, Mannís chairman & CEO. ďFrom industry veterans to recent college graduates, we are proud to bring these new members to the team,Ē added Koster.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: