Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
William Verhage, Flevostar Potato:
“Potato import season starts with new harvest from Egypt”
In addition to Flevostar Potato’s cultivation in the Netherlands, the company has also been working on setting up production in other production countries for some years now. “Because of this, the continuity in supply of product is guaranteed for customers both in the Netherlands and in other countries in our network,” says William Verhage.
Today Flevostar Potato starts the import season with the new harvest of potatoes of their own cultivation in Egypt. This concerns both potatoes in the waxy and the mealy segments. “We will follow the Egyptian season with imports of our own cultivation in Cyprus and Malta in April, followed by the first Spanish potatoes in May,” William explains.
The potatoes of Flevostar Potato will be available from, among other places, Willem Dijk in Enschede, the Netherlands.
For more information:
Mob: +31 (0)6 34 74 56 62
Publication date: 3/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: