Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jan van Bergeijk, Frutas Remolino:
“General raspberry shortage expected to last while longer”
The Spanish season is not really getting into its stride. This is one of the reasons for the shortages on the raspberry market. “The peaks in production are short-lived, so they do not really affect availability,” says Jan van Bergeijk, commercial manager of Spanish cultivation company Frutas Remolino, which is part of Plusberries. “After the warm summer, the season was slow ever since the autumn, and due to the cold winter, the entire production has been delayed. The supply of strawberries also started much later.”
“I do not believe that the supply of raspberries will really start before mid-May. Morocco is also already past its peak of the winter production, so supply appears to not change much in coming weeks. Quality is stable and demand is good. For normal varieties, prices of 8-9 euro are paid, and premium varieties are even selling at a level of 10-12 euro,” says Jan, who has lived and worked in Spain for more than 25 years already.
Frutas Remolino’s soft fruit mostly finds its way to European destinations such as France, Germany, the UK and Scandinavia.
For more information:
Jan van Bergeijk
T +34 609 01 66 54
Publication date: 3/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: