Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru was Canada's third largest supplier of blueberries
During 2016, Peruvian blueberry exports to Canada amounted to $12,956 million dollars, i.e. 1,860% more than the US $686,000 achieved in 2015, according to data from the Statistical Office of the Canadian Government.
Thus, Peru became the third largest supplier of fresh blueberries to Canada, after the United States and Chile.
It should be noted that Peru produces blueberries throughout the whole year, ensuring a higher supply offer for Canada, which is the third largest consumer of this fruit in the world. In addition, the commercial window that Peru offers is wider than that offered by other countries and it even complements other providers for Canada. Thus, there is potential to further increase future blueberry exports.
Peru was able to export fresh blueberries to Canada in September 2015, after the National Service of Agrarian Health (Senasa), in coordination with the Commercial Office of Peru Toronto (OCEX Toronto) completed the necessary formalities with the Canadian Food Inspection (CFIA).
Since the entry of this product, OCEX Toronto has introduced a series of activities to boost consumption, such as tastings in shops, supermarkets and restaurants located on the main streets of Toronto, and providing information about the fruit's benefits.
Peruvian blueberry exports to Canada are expected to increase thanks to the recent launch of the Superfoods Peru brand, which seeks to position Peruvian food with important nutritional properties in different markets.
Publication date: 3/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: