Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian government to buy 28,000tn of potatoes from troubled farmersWith potato farmers finding it difficult to sell their bumper crop this year, the West Bengal government has decided to purchase potatoes directly from them, in addition to providing subsidies to help them sell the produce.
“We have decided to buy 28,000 tonnes of potatoes directly from the farmers which we need every month for the Anganwadi centres and the midday meal programme. The government will buy potatoes at ₹4.60 per kg,” Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, said.
To help potato farmers sell their crop to other states as well as abroad, the state government would also provide a cumulative subsidy of Rs 1.50 per kilogram. In the case of rail transportation, the subsidy would be 50 paise per KG of potatoes and Re one for a KG if it was shipped abroad, Banerjee said adding these measures would help farmers to avoid distress sale.
source: dnaindia.com, thehindu.com
Publication date: 3/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: