Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Promoting cultivation to increase exports
Honduras will import fewer potato and avocado seeds
The national government wants to promote the local production of potatoes and avocados to reduce imports, increase exports, and to improve the farmers' economy.
To this end, the Minister of Economic Development, Arnaldo Castillo, and a group of business executives from the Taiwan Sugar Corporation company, visited the avocado plantation, located in La Esperanza, Intibuca.
The Taiwanese mission and the authorities of the Directorate of Agricultural Science and Technology (DICTA) visited the premises of the project based at the Santa Catarina experimental station in La Esperanza, Intibuca.
Currently, the Government of the Republic is promoting a national project with the avocado chain through the Ministry of Economic Development. The project is part of the country's new strategy for the agricultural business sector that is being developed by the Cabinet for Economic Development, as per the instructions of President Juan Orlando Hernandez.
"The goal of this initiative is to replace imports and increase exports of avocados, which provide 11 million dollars to the country each year," stated Minister Arnaldo Castillo.
"The objective is to promote an inclusive avocado production project, that benefits small, medium, and large producers and that can become an important source of employment in rural areas," stressed minister Castillo.
Publication date: 3/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: