Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Promoting cultivation to increase exports
Honduras will import fewer potato and avocado seeds
The national government wants to promote the local production of potatoes and avocados to reduce imports, increase exports, and to improve the farmers' economy.
To this end, the Minister of Economic Development, Arnaldo Castillo, and a group of business executives from the Taiwan Sugar Corporation company, visited the avocado plantation, located in La Esperanza, Intibuca.
The Taiwanese mission and the authorities of the Directorate of Agricultural Science and Technology (DICTA) visited the premises of the project based at the Santa Catarina experimental station in La Esperanza, Intibuca.
Currently, the Government of the Republic is promoting a national project with the avocado chain through the Ministry of Economic Development. The project is part of the country's new strategy for the agricultural business sector that is being developed by the Cabinet for Economic Development, as per the instructions of President Juan Orlando Hernandez.
"The goal of this initiative is to replace imports and increase exports of avocados, which provide 11 million dollars to the country each year," stated Minister Arnaldo Castillo.
"The objective is to promote an inclusive avocado production project, that benefits small, medium, and large producers and that can become an important source of employment in rural areas," stressed minister Castillo.
Publication date: 3/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: