Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
- AU: Sustainability and expansion milestones for Manbulloo
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Pocsi, Arequipa, produces potatoes that weigh more than 1kg each
Thanks to a proper land treatment, the district of Pocsi in Arequipa has achieved an amazing crop of potatoes that are 50 to 60 centimeter long and weigh more than one kilogram.
Adan Vilca Herrera, a farmer from Piaca presented his production and said "we cultivate our products with natural fertilizers, we do not use nitrate or chemicals. We are surprised by the size of the potatoes this crop. It is a blessing from the earth, it means abundance."
The producers use natural fertilizers, such as manure from animals, and don't use insecticides or spraying.
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: