Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan wants to import 20m boxes of bananas from the PhilippinesThe government of Japan is interested in importing Cavendish bananas from the Philippines, provided that it comes from the acknowledged areas of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
This was revealed by Agriculture Secretary, Emmanuel Piñol, who visited the camp late Wednesday. Piñol revealed the interest of Japan to import 20 million boxes of Cavendish bananas yearly, resulting from President Rodrigo Duterte’s visit to the country in October last year. “I was part of the President’s delegation during the Japan visit,” he said.
This announcement follows Piñol's previous announcement that South Korea was also interested in importing some 35 million boxes more of Cavendish bananas valued at $280 million. The 35 million boxes of bananas—with an average weight of 13 kilograms—would be equivalent to 455,000 metric tons (MT).
Publication date: 3/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: