- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Local Roots showcases traveling indoor farm
Centrally located in the main SXSW exhibition hall (Booths #2011-2015), festival-goers will have an opportunity to tour inside the high tech farm. The tour focuses on the Local Roots proprietary approach to indoor farming, including the design and engineering of their modular indoor farms. Capitalizing on both traditional farming methods and scientific breakthroughs at NASA, the Local Roots traveling farm features the newest methods of agricultural production.
“There is nothing like experiencing the farm firsthand,” says Local Roots VP of Business Development Brandon Martin. “We’re excited to make this unique experience available to the public with the launch of our cross-country tour. The interactive experience is truly unique and provides a profound understanding of the impact this technology will have on the future of farming.”
During the SXSW Festival, Local Roots Founder and CEO Eric Ellestad will speak on the Funding the Future of Food Tech panel on March 12. Local Roots will also be on display at the Food and Tech Innovation Spotlight on March 11. The program will explore the practical applications for this new form of growing food, including urban development and the creation of a more sustainable food system.
SXSW is the first of a series of road trips, with plans for the traveling farm to make quarterly tours throughout 2017. Additional dates and cities will be announced in May 2017. The farm will be used as an educational tool to inspire consumers about agriculture science & technology with stops at schools, corporate campuses, restaurants, and festivals throughout the U.S.
For more information:
Local Roots Farms
5000 Hampton Street
Vernon, CA 90058
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 10/18/2018 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?
- 10/17/2018 Greenhouse grown strawberries with chocolate flavored dip at Fresh Summit
- 10/16/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/12/2018 Village Farms launches 'sweet' or 'smooth' campaign
- 10/09/2018 End of greenhouse production season in sight
- 10/09/2018 BC bell pepper grower ramps up by cooling down
- 10/08/2018 DelFrescoPure® announces partnership with vertical farming company
- 10/04/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/03/2018 France's first fruit and vegetable tower blocks
- 10/02/2018 US (IA): Family-owned restaurant embraces hydroponics
- 10/01/2018 Hydroponic blueberry cultivation achieves 50% higher yields
- 10/01/2018 France: 90,000m2 of photovoltaic greenhouses for kiwi farming
- 09/28/2018 BayWa and Al Dahra harvest first premium tomatoes in the desert
- 09/26/2018 "Keeping up with high operational heating costs is a challenge"
- 09/20/2018 Growing exotic fruit during cold, dark Icelandic winters thanks to geothermal energy
- 09/19/2018 Germany: Scarce cucumbers and high prices - but things are getting better
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/13/2018 Freight Farms announces 'Grown'