- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Zimbabwe: Economic crisis deepening
- Fresh produce supplier announces organic asparagus program
- Dynamic Analysis of the current situation for apple production in Yantai, Shandong Province
- Spain: "Teaching how to consume papayas is more difficult than growing them"
- Argentina: Authorities ban the sale of frozen peas and broccoli
Top 5 -last week
- Mexico: Michoacán avocado strike costs 85 million pesos a day
- Iran & South Korea agree cross-currency trade
- Plenty of small fruit in early California Navel crop
- US farmers markets’ food safety inadequate - E. coli and Listeria abound
- New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
India: Punjab government bails out potato growers
"The Punjab government has directed the Punjab Agro and Markfed to effectively intervene in the market on a 'no profit no loss' basis to bail out the potato growers from the current crisis, besides realising better prices for them," a spokesman said here on Friday.
Chairing an emergency meeting to take stock of the prevailing situation here, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal decided to reduce the Market Fee and Rural Development Fee (RDF) on potatoes from 2 per cent to 0.25 per cent.
Badal also decided to slash the rates of commission charged by the commission agents from 5 to 1 per cent with immediate effect.
Badal also asked the agriculture department to ensure the rational utilisation of storage capacity in cold stores across the state to curb the malpractice of hoarding in cold storage space.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Peru: Researchers developing potatoes resistant to disease and climate change
- 2018-11-16 North Carolina sweet potato grower promotes personnel
- 2018-11-16 US Onion Market and Crop Update for November 15, 2018
- 2018-11-16 Cyprus potato prices sky-rocketing due to shortages
- 2018-11-16 Potato variety Cold River Gold now available for consumers
- 2018-11-15 EU: Support for French fry producers against Colombia
- 2018-11-15 Canada: Short harvest causes potato shortage in Manitoba
- 2018-11-15 “Next week’s weather forecast puts pressure on potato supply”
- 2018-11-15 Egyptian spring onions more and more present in the German wholesale and retail trade
- 2018-11-15 Cameroon: scarcity and rising prices of onions
- 2018-11-15 France: "Difficult markets for Bintje"
- 2018-11-15 Germany: Potato harvest at historically low level
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Potato harvest under way in various production areas
- 2018-11-14 “Europe must bare its teeth, and if needs be, bite"
- 2018-11-14 Chile: One third of processed potatoes are imported
- 2018-11-14 Potato harvest Lower Saxony at historically low level
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Onion prices could skyrocket to 2 USD per kg in January
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Soaring potato costs create pressure for food processors
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Domestic potato market report
- 2018-11-13 Nigeria: Enugu onions dealers attribute high cost and scarcity to poor harvest