- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike
- Australian avocado season - Far North Queensland
- “Gap in the strawberry market makes for very high prices”
- Innovation the theme at this year's PMA Fresh Summit
- Report: Chinese imports of U.S. tree nuts likely to decrease in marketing year
India: Punjab government bails out potato growers
"The Punjab government has directed the Punjab Agro and Markfed to effectively intervene in the market on a 'no profit no loss' basis to bail out the potato growers from the current crisis, besides realising better prices for them," a spokesman said here on Friday.
Chairing an emergency meeting to take stock of the prevailing situation here, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal decided to reduce the Market Fee and Rural Development Fee (RDF) on potatoes from 2 per cent to 0.25 per cent.
Badal also decided to slash the rates of commission charged by the commission agents from 5 to 1 per cent with immediate effect.
Badal also asked the agriculture department to ensure the rational utilisation of storage capacity in cold stores across the state to curb the malpractice of hoarding in cold storage space.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 ‘All preconditions for potatoes export to EU market fulfilled’
- 09/21/2018 Potato prices soar in Spain
- 09/21/2018 TAAT sweet potato compact launched in Accra
- 09/21/2018 US Market and Crop update onions
- 09/20/2018 US potatoes - 2017 Summary
- 09/20/2018 "Potato markets supported by confirmation of low yields throughout Western Europe"
- 09/19/2018 US: Truck with no brakes spills onions near Paterson
- 09/19/2018 Uganda: Sweet potato porridge hits supermarket shelves
- 09/18/2018 Market and Crop Update for September 13, 2018
- 09/18/2018 International potato sales highest ever for the United States
- 09/18/2018 France: "Surfaces planted with traditional shallots in decline"
- 09/17/2018 Potato Europe 2018: Focus on seeds, machinery and storage technology
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Potato harvest kicks off harvest in Bolu
- 09/17/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/17/2018 India: Nafed to begin disposal of 13k tons of buffer onion stock
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: High productivity for potato harvest in Bitlis
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Onion harvest has started in Bandirma
- 09/14/2018 Germany faces potato shortage after record hot, dry summer
- 09/14/2018 "Calmer atmosphere on the Dutch markets"
- 09/14/2018 "Luckily we made some headway with bale prices"