Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China to buy Kenya's bumper mango harvestAfter experiencing a bumper crop, Kenyan mango farmers are relieved that they will soon be able to export their produce to China, which should prevent a drop in price for their fruit, a chamber of commerce official said, Saturday.
Chairman of the Kenya-Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Zhuo Wu, said, during the Chinese Mango Festival held in Nairobi, that they will soon start exporting Kenyan-grown mangoes to China in order to boost local farmers' income.
"We will work together with Kenyan mango growers to assist them to source for markets for their products in order to absorb their bumper harvest," Zhuo said.
Zhuo said the Kenyan farmers from Machakos County, one of Kenya's drought-stricken areas, approached the trade federation to help find a market for their produce to prevent the perishable fruits from going bad and hence incurring losses.
"We responded to their appeal and were able to purchase 15 tonnes of mangoes and in the process put money in their pockets," Zhuo said.
Publication date: 2/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: