Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
Throughput up 0.3% to 138M tons for Port of HamburgIn 2016 Germany’s largest universal port achieved a turnaround in seaborne cargo throughput, reaching a total 138.2 million tons in the general and bulk cargo segments. ‘Seaborne cargo throughput in the Port of Hamburg again developed upwards with an increase of 0.3 percent. Stronger general cargo throughput offset a slight downturn in bulk cargo throughput.
The Port of Hamburg is also contemplating a positive trend for 2017,’ said Axel Mattern, Joint CEO of Port of Hamburg Marketing.
In 2016, at 1.5 million tons throughput of non-containerized general cargoes, for example bulky plant elements and wheeled cargo, was 11.0 percent down on the previous year. On the import side, with the total 9.7 percent lower at 518,000 tons, growing totals for citrus fruits – 1.7 percent higher at 182,000 tons.
"Hamburg is further extending its position as Europe’s leading rail port. In 2016, 46.4 million tons of freight (up 1.5 percent) and 2.4 million TEU (up 2.4 percent) were transported in/out of the port by rail. We are delighted about this record result. Now at 46.6 percent, the proportion of freight transported by rail received a further boost," said Ingo Egloff, Joint CEO of Port of Hamburg Marketing.
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: