Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Throughput up 0.3% to 138M tons for Port of HamburgIn 2016 Germany’s largest universal port achieved a turnaround in seaborne cargo throughput, reaching a total 138.2 million tons in the general and bulk cargo segments. ‘Seaborne cargo throughput in the Port of Hamburg again developed upwards with an increase of 0.3 percent. Stronger general cargo throughput offset a slight downturn in bulk cargo throughput.
The Port of Hamburg is also contemplating a positive trend for 2017,’ said Axel Mattern, Joint CEO of Port of Hamburg Marketing.
In 2016, at 1.5 million tons throughput of non-containerized general cargoes, for example bulky plant elements and wheeled cargo, was 11.0 percent down on the previous year. On the import side, with the total 9.7 percent lower at 518,000 tons, growing totals for citrus fruits – 1.7 percent higher at 182,000 tons.
"Hamburg is further extending its position as Europe’s leading rail port. In 2016, 46.4 million tons of freight (up 1.5 percent) and 2.4 million TEU (up 2.4 percent) were transported in/out of the port by rail. We are delighted about this record result. Now at 46.6 percent, the proportion of freight transported by rail received a further boost," said Ingo Egloff, Joint CEO of Port of Hamburg Marketing.
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: