Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Polish apples in race to meet Western European standards
The situation of Polish apple producers, as well as of the country's exporting companies, is not easy at the moment. The closure of the border with Russia a few years ago has put them in a delicate position as far as the fruit's standards are concerned. In the past, Polish producers were shipping Royal Gala apples, of better quality, to countries like the United Kingdom or France, while Russia absorbed the rest of the production without too many problems. That is why now, with the need to compete against European producers, the low standards of the past have started taking their toll. "We are working hard, learning every day and trying to reach European standards in order to become more competitive," affirms Monica Cłapa, commercial manager at Perfect Fruits sp.zo.o.
For now, their exports to Belarus are helping them sell most of their production, about 60%. From there the fruit may be re-exported into Russia. "We know that there is a lack of certain foods, we know they need apples," points out Capa.
As for their next goals, in addition to strictly meeting the phytosanitary standards demanded in Western Europe, they aim to gain a share of the Scandinavian market.
For more information:
Perfect Fruits sp.zo.o
Tel.: +48 608 172 880
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: