Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria encourages vegetable exports to EU amid shortageNigerian exporters have been encouraged by Agriculture and Rural Management Training Institute’s (ARMTI’s) Acting Executive Director Dr. Olufemi Oladunni to increase their vegetables exports take advantage of the current vegetable shortage currently being experienced in Europe.
Consumers in northern Europe are seeing extremely limited availability of a number of vegetables.
He advised them to address quality certification issues that have been a major hindrance food exporters have been facing in the European Union (EU) market.
He stressed the need to strengthen food export policy with clearly-defined safety standards, traceability norms, soil certification guidelines and good agricultural practices, saying this would boost exports of agricultural products and processed food from the country.
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: