Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Two-colour ice cream" watermelons to hit the market in MayIn the past few days, an article published on the website of the agricultural science institute, which has 20 years of research and development experience, has grown incredibly popular. The article reports that a "two-colour ice cream" watermelon has been grown and that citizens will soon have the opportunity to taste it. To ensure the security when breeding these ecological watermelons, and to guarantee their original taste, the growers have to sign an agreement that allows them to become a member of the institution, which has records on the whole growing process that can be completely explored after attaining membership. The "two-colour ice cream" watermelon's cuticle is emerald green, and it's inside is both red and yellow. It tastes soft and cool, just like ice cream. Its sweetness is moderate and the watermelon melts in the mouth immediately. The double-colored inside also changes color under the influence of the external air temperature. The first batch of "two-colour ice cream" watermelons sprouted on the 20th of January and it is estimated they will have ripened in time to enter the market in the second half of May.
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: