Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: 4000 unlicensed citrus seedlings seizedSince the spring 2016, the Law Enforcement Bureau has stepped up its inspections of the nursery stock market for citrus seedlings, to prevent the occurrence of citrus yellow shoot disease.
Yellow shoot is an incurable disease of citrus and in recent years, some farmers have evaded the strict quarantine regulations to smuggle in infected seedlings, resulting in great losses to farmers.
In the nursery stock market of Qingjiang and Xingning town, the law enforcement officers have focused on the inspection of citrus seedlings on sale to check their source and origin as well as whether they have the phytosanitary certificates. Over several days, the officers found that the majority of people engaged in sales of Citrus Seedlings on the market had not applied for phytosanitary certificates.
In accordance with the relevant regulations, the offices from the Municipal Bureau of agriculture confiscated and burned more than 4 thousand unlicensed citrus seedlings. "If you are engaged in the production of seedlings, you must obey the quarantine regulations. The transport and quarantine certificate will also be requested if transporting outside the area. Seedlings can only be sold on the market when the complete documents have been applied for." the officer said.
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: