Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
China: 4000 unlicensed citrus seedlings seizedSince the spring 2016, the Law Enforcement Bureau has stepped up its inspections of the nursery stock market for citrus seedlings, to prevent the occurrence of citrus yellow shoot disease.
Yellow shoot is an incurable disease of citrus and in recent years, some farmers have evaded the strict quarantine regulations to smuggle in infected seedlings, resulting in great losses to farmers.
In the nursery stock market of Qingjiang and Xingning town, the law enforcement officers have focused on the inspection of citrus seedlings on sale to check their source and origin as well as whether they have the phytosanitary certificates. Over several days, the officers found that the majority of people engaged in sales of Citrus Seedlings on the market had not applied for phytosanitary certificates.
In accordance with the relevant regulations, the offices from the Municipal Bureau of agriculture confiscated and burned more than 4 thousand unlicensed citrus seedlings. "If you are engaged in the production of seedlings, you must obey the quarantine regulations. The transport and quarantine certificate will also be requested if transporting outside the area. Seedlings can only be sold on the market when the complete documents have been applied for." the officer said.
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: