Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: 4000 unlicensed citrus seedlings seizedSince the spring 2016, the Law Enforcement Bureau has stepped up its inspections of the nursery stock market for citrus seedlings, to prevent the occurrence of citrus yellow shoot disease.
Yellow shoot is an incurable disease of citrus and in recent years, some farmers have evaded the strict quarantine regulations to smuggle in infected seedlings, resulting in great losses to farmers.
In the nursery stock market of Qingjiang and Xingning town, the law enforcement officers have focused on the inspection of citrus seedlings on sale to check their source and origin as well as whether they have the phytosanitary certificates. Over several days, the officers found that the majority of people engaged in sales of Citrus Seedlings on the market had not applied for phytosanitary certificates.
In accordance with the relevant regulations, the offices from the Municipal Bureau of agriculture confiscated and burned more than 4 thousand unlicensed citrus seedlings. "If you are engaged in the production of seedlings, you must obey the quarantine regulations. The transport and quarantine certificate will also be requested if transporting outside the area. Seedlings can only be sold on the market when the complete documents have been applied for." the officer said.
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: