Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Castellon-grown oranges and clementines in the EU next campaign
The 80 Castellon-based citrus companies participating at Fruit Logistica, in Berlin, met with representatives of Asian companies with the goal of expanding to markets "with great potential for the development of consumption." The idea is to export oranges and clementines to these destinations.
This was confirmed by sources of the Provincial Government of Castellon, which joined the entrepreneurs present at the stand of Asociex, the Professional Association of Fruit Exporters in the province.
Thanks to the meetings held at the fair, Castellon-based firms "have opened the door to new markets, not only in the European Union and Eastern Europe, but also in countries with a great potential for the development of consumption, especially in Asia."
Castellon's citrus exporters have met with distributors from all over the world, including representatives of the main food distribution chains for the European market.
The institution reported that, in many cases, these are large distribution chains, which guarantees that "in the next campaign, there will be oranges and clementines from Castellon available at retailers across the EU."
Publication date: 2/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: