Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Castellon-grown oranges and clementines in the EU next campaign
The 80 Castellon-based citrus companies participating at Fruit Logistica, in Berlin, met with representatives of Asian companies with the goal of expanding to markets "with great potential for the development of consumption." The idea is to export oranges and clementines to these destinations.
This was confirmed by sources of the Provincial Government of Castellon, which joined the entrepreneurs present at the stand of Asociex, the Professional Association of Fruit Exporters in the province.
Thanks to the meetings held at the fair, Castellon-based firms "have opened the door to new markets, not only in the European Union and Eastern Europe, but also in countries with a great potential for the development of consumption, especially in Asia."
Castellon's citrus exporters have met with distributors from all over the world, including representatives of the main food distribution chains for the European market.
The institution reported that, in many cases, these are large distribution chains, which guarantees that "in the next campaign, there will be oranges and clementines from Castellon available at retailers across the EU."
Publication date: 2/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: