Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agrico cocktail party gets a lot of attention
Agrico was part of the Fruit Logistica in Berlin from Wednesday 8 until Friday 10 February 2017. During this leading international fair, Agrico showed her growth potential in varieties together with its daughter enterprises.
Agrico focused on showing its potential for contributing to the natural growth of all its clients during the fair. By continuously investing in variety development at its own Research Centre, Agrico has developed a broad and mature variety package. Agrico has a variety to offer for every client and every climate that has proven itself already. Because of this versatile and stable variety package, Agrico can provide every customer with the appropriate variety. In addition, Agrico offers optimal support to get the maximum result of the varieties. For example, all production advice is adapted to the situation, needs, and language of every customer.
During the fair in Berlin, Agrico put two varieties in the spotlight that have already earned their spurs. The variety Arizona is a strong consumption potato with a good yield, it is suitable for a broad market because of its growth potential in every kind of climate. The variety Ranomi has a destination closer to home in Germany and other Eastern European countries. The yellow skinned potato is loved because of its good consumption quality and processing properties in salads for example.
General director Jan van Hoogen is looking back satisfied. "The fair started a bit slower than usual for us, because of a strike at the airport during our first day at the fair. Fortunately, this was settled by the second and third day. Especially our cocktail party with a demonstration of professional shakers attracted many interested parties. All in all, we have been able to show our customers what Agrico has to offer them.
Publication date: 2/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: