Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japanese farm offering heart shaped lemons
For those looking to offer a little something special this Valentine's Day, one farm in Japan has you covered. The farm has succeeded in producing a heart-shaped lemon, according to the Asahi Shimbun, a Japanese news outlet.
Onomichi, in the prefecture, is known for its lemons, and since 1998 farmers have been experimenting to develop heart-shaped fruit. A farming association has finally succeeded after 18 years of hard research to get the fruit to mold while retaining product quality.
The new mold has a 70 percent success rate in producing heart-shaped lemons. The product has become a huge success, with demand from restaurants and bakeries across Japan rising in preparation for Valentine's Day on Feb. 14.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: