Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japanese farm offering heart shaped lemons
For those looking to offer a little something special this Valentine's Day, one farm in Japan has you covered. The farm has succeeded in producing a heart-shaped lemon, according to the Asahi Shimbun, a Japanese news outlet.
Onomichi, in the prefecture, is known for its lemons, and since 1998 farmers have been experimenting to develop heart-shaped fruit. A farming association has finally succeeded after 18 years of hard research to get the fruit to mold while retaining product quality.
The new mold has a 70 percent success rate in producing heart-shaped lemons. The product has become a huge success, with demand from restaurants and bakeries across Japan rising in preparation for Valentine's Day on Feb. 14.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: