Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Japanese farm offering heart shaped lemons
For those looking to offer a little something special this Valentine's Day, one farm in Japan has you covered. The farm has succeeded in producing a heart-shaped lemon, according to the Asahi Shimbun, a Japanese news outlet.
Onomichi, in the prefecture, is known for its lemons, and since 1998 farmers have been experimenting to develop heart-shaped fruit. A farming association has finally succeeded after 18 years of hard research to get the fruit to mold while retaining product quality.
The new mold has a 70 percent success rate in producing heart-shaped lemons. The product has become a huge success, with demand from restaurants and bakeries across Japan rising in preparation for Valentine's Day on Feb. 14.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: