Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japanese farm offering heart shaped lemons
For those looking to offer a little something special this Valentine's Day, one farm in Japan has you covered. The farm has succeeded in producing a heart-shaped lemon, according to the Asahi Shimbun, a Japanese news outlet.
Onomichi, in the prefecture, is known for its lemons, and since 1998 farmers have been experimenting to develop heart-shaped fruit. A farming association has finally succeeded after 18 years of hard research to get the fruit to mold while retaining product quality.
The new mold has a 70 percent success rate in producing heart-shaped lemons. The product has become a huge success, with demand from restaurants and bakeries across Japan rising in preparation for Valentine's Day on Feb. 14.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: