Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria strives to get bean export ban to EU removed
The Nigerian Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS) is striving to get the European Union to lift its ban on the exportation of beans from Nigeria to member countries.
The Coordinating Director of the agency, Dr. Vincent Isegbe, said all hands are on deck to ensure that the EU lifts the ban before 2019. Noting that the EU ban on Nigerian beans has severely affected the economy, Isegbe said there was a need to avoid future rejection of Nigeria’s agricultural commodities.
According to him, the EU had promised to reverse the ban if necessary
measures were put in place before 2019.
“We have had issues in the past concerning beans where the European
Union suspended Nigeria for three years from beans export. That is not good for us because it means that all the farmers who are producing beans can no longer export the quantity that they used to export.
“The good news is that the EU said if we can put the process in place earlier than 2019, they will reverse their decision. So that is where we are,” he said.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: