Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: Fruit & veg exports rise 30% after lifting of Russian embargo
The lifting of the embargo issued by Russia on citrus products has been a boon for western Mediterranean exporters. Mustafa Vardar, president of the West Mediterranean Exporters' Association (BAİB), stated that exports from the western Mediterranean region, covering Antalya, Burdur and Isparta, had a good start in 2017, reaching $130 million in the first month of 2017, a 30 percent increase compared to the same period last year, according to Dünya daily.
Satıcı highlighted that there was an increase by half in the fresh fruit and vegetable sector's exports after the Russian Federation opened its borders to Turkish citrus products and that the activities for alternative markets are continuing to develop.
"BAİB focused on the launched projects in order to continue overseas marketing activities in an organized manner. The representatives of the fresh fruit and vegetable sector, who participated in the Fruit Logistica Fair in Germany, will conduct market research studies in the United Arab Emirates after Germany," Satıcı said.
Satıcı also added that exports to Iran increased by 137.9 percent, while exports to Kazakhstan hit $5.4 million, with a 358.9 percent increase. Although Russia lifted the embargo on citrus, the embargo on apples, pears, grapes, strawberries, cauliflower, tomatoes, onions, broccoli and cucumbers is still in effect.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: