Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: Fruit & veg exports rise 30% after lifting of Russian embargo
The lifting of the embargo issued by Russia on citrus products has been a boon for western Mediterranean exporters. Mustafa Vardar, president of the West Mediterranean Exporters' Association (BAİB), stated that exports from the western Mediterranean region, covering Antalya, Burdur and Isparta, had a good start in 2017, reaching $130 million in the first month of 2017, a 30 percent increase compared to the same period last year, according to DŁnya daily.
Satıcı highlighted that there was an increase by half in the fresh fruit and vegetable sector's exports after the Russian Federation opened its borders to Turkish citrus products and that the activities for alternative markets are continuing to develop.
"BAİB focused on the launched projects in order to continue overseas marketing activities in an organized manner. The representatives of the fresh fruit and vegetable sector, who participated in the Fruit Logistica Fair in Germany, will conduct market research studies in the United Arab Emirates after Germany," Satıcı said.
Satıcı also added that exports to Iran increased by 137.9 percent, while exports to Kazakhstan hit $5.4 million, with a 358.9 percent increase. Although Russia lifted the embargo on citrus, the embargo on apples, pears, grapes, strawberries, cauliflower, tomatoes, onions, broccoli and cucumbers is still in effect.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: