Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
Nearly 2 tons of weed hidden in limes found by US CustomsUs Customs and Border Protection officers in Pharr, Texas found 3,947 pounds of weed which was hidden inside hollowed out limes on January 30. The drugs were found in a produce truck crossing the Texas Mexico border near the Gulf of Mexico and was found thanks to an imagining inspection system and a K-9 team.
“This is an outstanding interception of narcotics. Our CBP officers continue to excel in their knowledge of smuggling techniques, which allows them to intercept these kinds of attempts to introduce narcotics into our country,” said Port Director Efrain Solis Jr. in a statement.
The bust was a huge one as the estimated street value of the confiscated drugs totaled $789,467, according to the US Customs and Border Protection.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: