Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nearly 2 tons of weed hidden in limes found by US CustomsUs Customs and Border Protection officers in Pharr, Texas found 3,947 pounds of weed which was hidden inside hollowed out limes on January 30. The drugs were found in a produce truck crossing the Texas Mexico border near the Gulf of Mexico and was found thanks to an imagining inspection system and a K-9 team.
“This is an outstanding interception of narcotics. Our CBP officers continue to excel in their knowledge of smuggling techniques, which allows them to intercept these kinds of attempts to introduce narcotics into our country,” said Port Director Efrain Solis Jr. in a statement.
The bust was a huge one as the estimated street value of the confiscated drugs totaled $789,467, according to the US Customs and Border Protection.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: