Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nearly 2 tons of weed hidden in limes found by US CustomsUs Customs and Border Protection officers in Pharr, Texas found 3,947 pounds of weed which was hidden inside hollowed out limes on January 30. The drugs were found in a produce truck crossing the Texas Mexico border near the Gulf of Mexico and was found thanks to an imagining inspection system and a K-9 team.
“This is an outstanding interception of narcotics. Our CBP officers continue to excel in their knowledge of smuggling techniques, which allows them to intercept these kinds of attempts to introduce narcotics into our country,” said Port Director Efrain Solis Jr. in a statement.
The bust was a huge one as the estimated street value of the confiscated drugs totaled $789,467, according to the US Customs and Border Protection.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: