Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line and Hamburg Süd announce slot purchase agreement
Maersk Line and Hamburg Süd have announced a slot purchase agreement for Hamburg Süd’s volumes on the East-West trades, to be shipped on vessels in the 2M network, the shipping alliance between Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Line. The companies have stated that the agreement is separate from Maersk's acquisition of Hamburg Süd previously announced.
In a joint press statement on Monday, Maersk and Hamburg Süd said the agreement follows commercial negotiations in anticipation of the termination of Hamburg Süd’s current slot purchase arrangements on the East-West trades due to upcoming changes in global liner alliances.
“We are pleased with this agreement. Accommodating these additional volumes enables improved utilisation in our fleet and in turn provides opportunities to enhance our customer offering on select trades in our East-West network”, says Søren Toft, Chief Operating Officer, Maersk Line.
The agreement covers the Asia-North Europe, Asia-Mediterranean, Trans Atlantic and Trans Pacific trades.
“Hamburg Süd is very satisfied about the agreement with Maersk. Our customers will benefit from extended port coverage, best transit times, and an increased number of loops in the East–West trades,” explains Frank Smet, Member of the Executive Board of Hamburg Süd.
The agreement is scheduled to begin 1 April and is still subject to maritime filing requirements being satisfied.
Publication date: 2/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: