- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Innovations in Fresh-cut bananas at Fruit Logistica
With the fresh-cut fruit segment continuing to grow globally, the concept of adding bananas to the mix has been an attractive one for retailers but, until recently, difficult to achieve. To meet this demand, Food Freshly last year launched O Plus Ultra-7, a nature-based freshness retainer for bananas that is making fresh-sliced banana snacks a reality.
O Plus Ultra-7 is a Freshness Retainer made up of Vitamins and minerals developed to prevent the browning of fresh-cut bananas. By dipping the banana slices into O Plus Ultra-7 solution the natural characteristics are retained without influencing the taste. The product does not contain sulphites, allergens or GMO.
Benjamin Singh, Director of Technical Sales at Food Freshly, said: “In the past, chemicals like L-Cysteine have been outlined in scientific literature as preventing browning in fresh-cut bananas. However, substances containing sulphite are not permitted for use in the EU and are not approved by US FDA for fresh-cut fruits. Therefore we are especially proud to have found a solution that fully complies with all major food legislations.”
Within the first 6 months after the introduction of O Plus Ultra-7, the product has been sampled across the globe and first customers are ready to take sliced bananas to the shelves.
At the upcoming Fruit Logistica 2017, Food Freshly will showcase a variety of fruit snacks that contain fresh-cut bananas to give customers an idea of how fresh-cut bananas can be easily added to existing programs. The fruit snacks use a standard air-tight plastic container that is easily applied and prevents oxygen from spoiling the fruits.
As a company, FOOD freshly® helps fresh-cut processors grow their sales by launching new, innovative fresh-cut products. Along with naturally flavoured apples, fresh-cut bananas are the next useful step in helping fruit processors expand their market share and to grow their business.
FOOD freshly® will exhibit at Fruit Logistica 2017 in Berlin from 8-10 February in Hall 10.1, Stand A-05.
For further technical information, test reports, and samples please contact:
Food Freshly AFC GmbH
Tel: +49 521 96878715
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-02-28 Landgard persuades its visitors with innovative marketing ideas for fruit and vegetables
- 2018-02-27 RED MOON®, an incredible run in Berlin
- 2018-02-26 New partnership established for Crimson Snow
- 2018-02-23 Panama conquers new markets with its fruits
- 2018-02-22 New snacks and fresh-cut products in Berlin
- 2018-02-22 PMA industry members establish new business opportunities
- 2018-02-21 Secretary of State Dr. Aeikens appreciates the commitment of the German fruit and vegetable industry
- 2018-02-20 Biodegradable packaging made from artichokes
- 2018-02-20 China: Sanya mangoes at the Fruit Logistica in Berlin
- 2018-02-20 Jordanian fruit and vegetable exporters visit Fruit Logistica
- 2018-02-19 Cargo monitoring company and sea freight forwarder announce trials in Berlin
- 2018-02-16 Photo reports Fruit Logistica 2018
- 2018-02-16 Silver medal for ADORA tomato
- 2018-02-15 Argentina: Blueberry producers defined strategies in Berlin
- 2018-02-13 Pook Coconut Chips were winners of FLIA 2018
- 2018-02-07 Futura targets healthy snacking with new line of dried apples
- 2018-02-07 Heliospectra's new software brings automated lighting for improved yields
- 2018-02-07 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 2018-02-06 La Linea Verde keeps on growing in Europe
- 2018-02-06 Peruvian exports benefit from climate and geographic location