Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
International Green Week Berlin
German Agricultural Minister toasts delegation with tomato smoothieDutch greenhouse produce is present at the Green Week in Berlin, which opened on 20 January. A Dutch pavilion promotes the Dutch products under the slogan “Quality grows in Holland.” The German Agricultural Minister Christian Schmidt visited the Dutch delegation. The minister raised his glass for a toast, together with the Dutch Minister for Agriculture Van Dam and the Dutch Fruit & Veg Delegation, and not with champagne but with a delicious tomato smoothie.
International Green Week
The Green Week in Berlin is one of the largest international exhibitions of agriculture and food worldwide, with over 400,000, mainly German, visitors.
On the right: Rachel Toewar of Harvest House ready to promote Healthy Heroes.
Less water and more natural pest control
The main message for the German consumer at the Green Week is that Dutch greenhouse produce can be characterized by a low use of water per kilogram harvested and the maximization of natural pest control. And the visitors can sample the excellent tasting products if they need further convincing.
Visitors can see inside a functioning greenhouse with Virtual-Reality glasses
DPA attends during the Green Week on behalf of the producer associations. A number of growers’ associations are present in Berlin to show the visitors their sustainably produced and tasty products. Present at the exhibition are: Harvest House, ZON, Coöperatie Door, Van Nature, Red Star and Koppert Cress.
Publication date: 1/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: