Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Excellent mix of specialist information
2,000 visitors at the German trade fair Interaspa 2016
Just like the previous year over 2,000 asparagus and soft fruit farmers visited Interaspa, the trade fair for the cultivation of asparagus, vegetables and soft fruit and for direct marketing in Hanover.
“Of course we would have liked even more visitors during our ten-year anniversary,” stated Dietrich Paul, chairman of the Association of Asparagus Growers in Lower Saxony and organizer of the two-day trade fair. However, he is positive. In particular, the manufacturers of agricultural machines and installations were very satisfied with the business deals they concluded, just as in the previous years. The demand for investments that increase the efficiency of the farms was clearly present, said Dietrich Paul. He also received positive feedback from the exhibitors of shop equipment and direct marketing. As always, the forum of experts is very popular, with 14 lectures in just two days, it was even busier than in the previous years. During most of the lectures every seat in the auditorium was occupied.
The consultancy center was running at full speed both days as well. Dietrich Paul is convinced that Interaspa fills a need for specialized and successful farms. “Especially the mix of specialist information, advice and a wide range of exhibitors is indispensable in Northern Germany,” stated Paul. The next Interaspa fair will be on 11 and 12 January 2018 in Hannover.
For more information:
Asparagus Handels- und Vertriebs
Lange Straße 78
Phone.: +49 (0) 4251 3002 und 7050,
Fax: +49 (0) 4251 3093
Publication date: 1/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: