Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Good development of exports to UAE and Saudi Arabia
The Spanish export of fresh fruits and vegetables to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia has recorded a positive development in recent years, growing by 2% and 13% in the period from January to October 2016, compared to the same months of 2015, totalling 50,124 tonnes and 36,692 tonnes, respec-tively, according to the latest official data from the Customs Directorate, processed by FEPEX.
In terms of value, fruit and vegetable exports to the United Arab Emirates grew by 3% to 54.5 million Euro and those to Saudi Arabia by 10%, totalling 39 million Euro.
United Arab Emirates is the third most important non-European destination for Spanish exports and Saudi Arabia the fourth.
In 2016, in order to boost sales in this region, FEPEX organised its participation in the Wop Dubai fair, which was held from 13 to 15 November 2016 in Dubai. FEPEX will also participate in the trade show Mac Fruit Attraction Mena, to be held from 22 to 24 April in Cairo, Egypt, as it considers this event as a good opportunity to access the region, which receives a considerable number of visitors from Africa and the Middle East.
Publication date: 1/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: