Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Good development of exports to UAE and Saudi Arabia
The Spanish export of fresh fruits and vegetables to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia has recorded a positive development in recent years, growing by 2% and 13% in the period from January to October 2016, compared to the same months of 2015, totalling 50,124 tonnes and 36,692 tonnes, respec-tively, according to the latest official data from the Customs Directorate, processed by FEPEX.
In terms of value, fruit and vegetable exports to the United Arab Emirates grew by 3% to 54.5 million Euro and those to Saudi Arabia by 10%, totalling 39 million Euro.
United Arab Emirates is the third most important non-European destination for Spanish exports and Saudi Arabia the fourth.
In 2016, in order to boost sales in this region, FEPEX organised its participation in the Wop Dubai fair, which was held from 13 to 15 November 2016 in Dubai. FEPEX will also participate in the trade show Mac Fruit Attraction Mena, to be held from 22 to 24 April in Cairo, Egypt, as it considers this event as a good opportunity to access the region, which receives a considerable number of visitors from Africa and the Middle East.
Publication date: 1/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: