Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Personalised sorting system; ViSort:
New external monitoring feature creates new possibilitiesThe needs of every company are unique, even those working with the same fresh products, and Polish company Sorter has recognised that, by offering a sorting system which can be customised to suit the individual needs of each customer.
Application of their own technological ideas and solutions, along with investing in capital R&D activities, has resulted in designing the ViSort system, a proprietary vision software and system designed to measure and classify all types of products according to different parameters. Sorter's modular vision system can be adapted to every type of sorting machine whilst improving the sorting processes. The system is configured according to individual orders. The programme enables the user the ongoing monitoring of results of analysed products’ measurement and classification.
"Due to the fact that the product is analysed in real time, with Linux, by us and not ready-made like our competitors, we can customise it to fit the customer's needs and the modules are very flexible." shared Anita Kacprowicz, Marketing Director for Sorter.
ViSort for tomatoes enables the analysis of the quality on the basis of the size, weight, colour or external defects. The external defects feature, recently added to the system, takes sorting to the next level and allows the client to be extra alert for issues or diseases specific to a particular variety or growing climate.
The applied method of analysis of the object from several sides with the use of a set of cameras (colour and monochromatic camera IR) 6 per each line, guarantees very precise measurement of the products. While classifying tomatoes for colour for example, the installed cameras analyse a series of images enabling the product’s recognition of: a percentage content of colouring, the assessment of the average colour value and the maximum colour value.
A fast and cutting edge weight module, equipped with electronic sensors, digital signal filtration and noise reduction allows a precise measurement of the products in real time.
The system enables also the analysis of the sizes of the sorted tomatoes on the basis of a series of images including the characteristic features of the variety of tomatoes (round, ribbed, oblong).
During classification of external quality, ViSort analyses the product surface and detects areas which reveal damage within visible spectrum and infrared. Due to extensive classification of areas which need attention, the applied algorithm distinguishes damage such as flaws, mechanical damage, interior crush, cork-like spots, mould or rottenness from areas characteristics such as stem/stalk, which are being traced during the entire rotation of the tomato. This solution guarantees that the results are not doubled and streamline the operator’s control over the permitted level of defects. Another advantage of such an extensive analysis is the possibility to use the ViSort module to grade different varieties of tomatoes.
This solution guarantees that the results are not doubled and streamlines the operator’s control over the permitted level of defects. Another advantage of such an extensive analysis is the possibility to use the ViSort module to grade different varieties of tomatoes.
"Our system allows customers to look for particular issues that pertain most to them. For example, let’s say that the customer is growing a particular type of tomato which is susceptible to a certain disease, or spots in due to weather in their particular growing region, we are able to teach the program to spot their particular request. We believe that this opens up a lot of opportunities for our customers."
For more information:
Sorter sp. j.
Tel: +48 608 889 644
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: