Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Macfrut 2017 focusing on inter-nationalityIn recent years, Macfrut, the international trade fair for the fruit and vegetable sector has been trying to broaden its audience by reaching out to more countries. Inter-nationality will be in the spotlight in the 2017 edition, to be held at the Rimini Expo Centre from 10 to 12 May.
The countries to be visited were chosen from among the most strategic markets for Italian companies. After a first visit to South Africa, in November it was the turn of Guatemala and Argentina.
"In recent years, Macfrut has been strongly focusing on its international appeal – the President of Macfrut, Renzo Piraccini, explains – We have achieved positive results. In fact, at the last edition, the number of foreign visitors increased by 50% compared to 2015, representing 33% of the total. Italian companies are currently seeking new markets, and Macfrut aims to be the platform for promoting Italy's excellent products and technology in the global market."
The road show will continue early next year, with a presentation scheduled for January in China, the Partner Country for the 2017 edition, whose main fruit and vegetable importers are expected to attend the event. Today, China is Italy’s main export market for kiwifruit. The last stage of the Macfrut presentation tour will be in Colombia in March.
Tel : 0039 059 7863894
Publication date: 12/20/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: