Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Apofruit persimmons popular abroadIlenio Bastoni, Director of Apofruit Italia, reports that 15% of the two thousand persimmon tons produced every year is organic and that most of this percentage is exported.
"Traditional and 'Rojo Brillante' persimmons are destined to the domestic market. This year, though, we exported quite a bit of produce, especially to Switzerland, probably because there are a lot of Italian emigres there. But we sold some volumes to Germany too."
The persimmon campaign is ending for Apofruit. The quantities of traditional persimmons are ending, while Rojo Brillante (stored in carbon dioxide saturated units) will be available for another couple of weeks.
Bastoni does not comment on prices because the campaign is still ongoing and it's too soon to make an assessment. We know the market has had its ups and downs, and 2016 certainly wasn't a brilliant year.
Publication date: 12/14/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: