- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Colombia: More than 200 tons of citrus have been shipped out through the port of Barranquilla
- Jingdong to launch flagship store on Google
- Chile has already exported more organic products to the EU than last year
- Spanish firm pilots R290-CO2-CO2 refrigeration
- Spain: Transport aid to Canary bananas expected to be paid out this year
Top 5 -last week
Better kiwifruit season expected in Greece this year
Besides supplying the right sizes, he explains that, in order for the fruit to be commercially successful, it needs to meet certain specifications, such as dry matter and hardness when it comes to color or taste. It ensures that it will have a long life and it can be sold until end of spring.
All of their kiwifruits are free of hormones, and that contributes to obtaining a special shape, color, taste and a long shelf life in their fruit. "Having a great quality allows you to make long distance shipments in order to earn the best prices,” Maragzokis explains.
One of the most important of these destinations, despite the distance, is China, a market where Greek kiwifruit has already been present for about 10 years. "The consumers already recognize them, as I believe we have a superior quality compared to other countries, like Italy or France. In fact, this season, we expect to double our loads for China,” he assures.
When it comes to prices, Maragzokis says that it is still difficult to predict how things will go, “but if you have the quality, the sales are much easier.” In this sense, and to facilitate promotion in overseas markets, Nespar Greece is in a cluster with another three companies.
“Our group was present in SIAL - Canada; in September, we participated at Asia Fruit Logistica in Hong Kong and now we are going to visit WOP - DUBAI."
Lastly, it is worth noting that Nespar is involved in the Premium European Kiwi project, which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Greek Ministry of Agriculture and by funds from the participating organizations.
For more information:
Author: Juan Zea Estellés / Yzza Ibrahim
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Spain: "We want to work only with the biggest avocado producers"
- 2018-11-20 Brazil: Early start for Brazilian fig season
- 2018-11-19 "Fig market grows generically"
- 2018-11-19 Kiwis grown on Dutch soil
- 2018-11-16 Peru: 2018, the worst year for Hass avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 Russian cucumber and gherkin production up by 14%
- 2018-11-16 Goldenberries are the real superfood, says South African producer with big European plans
- 2018-11-16 Drought in India casts shadow on pomegranate exports from Pune
- 2018-11-16 Mexico: Producers and authorities want a designation of origin for Michoacan's avocado
- 2018-11-16 Spain: Good prospects for Huelva's avocado campaign
- 2018-11-16 Peru prepares a training program to boost avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 India and Peru to discuss FTA in New Delhi next month
- 2018-11-15 China: Price of wax gourds increased
- 2018-11-15 Brazil authorizes entry of Peruvian pomegranates
- 2018-11-15 Costa Rica: Avocado producers and Government prepare National Avocado Plan
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Pitaya cultivation gaining ground in Malaga
- 2018-11-15 China: Pomelo price drops by over 60%
- 2018-11-15 California bitter melon still on the move
- 2018-11-15 “Sales will start when the Greek kiwifruit is out of the market”
- 2018-11-14 "We have been able to reconcile the parts that make up this great industry"