Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - Australia
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
- Production Manager - Australia
- Production Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- ALDI North: The availability of freshness and variety increases
- Honeycrisp wasn’t an overnight success, but took off like a rocket
- First fruit and vegetable grower GlobalGAP GRASP certified in United States
- Hurricane Maria makes landfall on Dominicana
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Central theme of 3rd EU FRESH INFO Forum & Roundtables
"Information technology changing the game in Fresh Produce"For the third time in succession, Frug I Com will organize this leading industry event on information management, information-standardization and information technology and development in fresh produce. The event will take place at the SS Rotterdam.
Information technology is changing all industries. Disruptive technologies pave the way for new companies and new concepts. Who would have thought that Uber would be reorganizing the taxi-business without a single taxi, or that Air BNB would be the biggest hotel without hotel rooms. New players, new game; but what is the impact on the game in fresh produce ?
The third edition of the EU FRESH INFO Forum takes place at the SS Rotterdam on 29 and 30 November, in close collaboration with GS1 in Europe, the International Federation for Produce Standards (IFPS) and the Fresh Produce Centre.
Morning plenary sessions
The program will start by addressing the impact of the CHANGE of the GAME in the Fresh Produce sector. Keynote speakers will highlight the impact that new technology has on the customer and the entire supply chain.
In the breakout sessions, six themes will be addressed that are essential for companies not to be on Gartners’ EXIT-list. Gartner predicted that “Digital business incompetence” will cause a quarter of businesses to lose their competitive ranking in 2017.
- DATA QUALITY; Together with GS1 Nederland, we go into detail on how data quality is essential for fresh in retail supply.
- FARM DATA; More and more data from the farm is needed in the supply chain. Results from the Farm Digital Research & Innovation Program will be presented here.
- TECHNOVATION; Drones, robots and sensors are entering our sector: an update on major developments.
- LOGISTICS; Without logistics, there will be no fruit and vegetables on your plate. But what does the logistics of the future look like?
- FACT DRIVEN; BIGdata is changing the decision making process in fresh produce: from managing with our own green fingers to model- based decisions: an update on how data is the oil of your company.
- CAPABILITY TO CHANGE; One of the major issues is the capability needed to change the use of new technology in a company. It requires change of business processes, change of competences needed but also entails the struggle with fear of the unknown. In this breakout session, special attention will be given to this process of change and the people who have to implement it.
This will leave you with the question: should I do something or do I need to wait? In an outlook called ‘Trendz! On to 2030, the impact on the fresh game, ’ renowned speaker, Richard van Hooijdonk, gives you the unique opportunity to catch a glimpse of future trends and the impact on fruits and vegetables.
Fresh Produce Centre Management Dinner
Change starts at the highest level. Digital transformation of the fresh companies management is essential for the next generation of fresh produce. The Management Dinner takes place on 29 November as part of the EU Forum. During this Dinner, CEO’s of the Fresh Produce Centre members will discuss the Change of the Game.
Fresh Technology Tour
On 29 November, a special tour will be organized for foreign visitors to the most modern Dutch horticulture companies. This year, we will visit the Urban Farm De Schilde: a hydroponics and aquaponics urban cultivation on the roof of a disused office. For the latest developments of logistics in the glasshouse, we will visit Ter Laak Orchids: where every orchid has its own RFID chip!
3rd EU FRESH INFO Forum & Roundtables
29 & 30 November 2016
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
For more information: www.eufreshforum.com
Publication date: 10/21/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: